Wednesday, July 23, 2008

10 things I think I think

But before we get to the list, I would like to invite all Red team players and family to the Red team HQ (Johnson House) for a BBQ on August 15th. Your fearless leader will provide the hot dogs and hamburgers and a cooler for your drinks. Please indicate using the poll to the side if you will bringing a Salad/Side dish or a Desert.
RSVP by August 8th.

Now on to the list….
10. How did we get beat by the Blue team? I mean really, playing with them last night and allowing a 400 run inning I just kept wondering “How”???
9. Pickup games after yours = Good to Go
8. Pick up games before yours = No Good to Go
7. 0 for freaking 4, holy crap, it must be karma laying the smack down for making fun of Richie Sexson. I almost feel sorry for the guy, except he made like 15 mil last year and had similar games.....Never mind
6. I am not a big fan of the ambiguity around sliding. Granted it is dangerous either way, and from my understanding it is not a rule that you have to get down and out of the way but what is it going to take to get an interference call? Running into 2b screaming booga booga and waving your hands in the air?
5. Even with my terrible allergies I can smell PF Changs from field three. Nothing ever smelled so good as some deep fried “Chinese” when all you had for dinner was two protein bars and beef jerky.
4. Any one else going to be printing off a copy of the rules?
3. According to the official rule book, the runners are live and in jeopardy during the infield fly rule unless the ball bounces foul. Kyle should have been able to advance.
2. It was a very fun game even though we lost.
1. Lets finish out the season on a high note and destroy the young guns again. They are 0-7-1 and have allowed 87 runs, of which we contributed 22 points. That means after we whupped them, the have only been allowing 8 points a game. We are home team.

Nview Red (6-3) vs Young Guns (0-7-1) Field 2 @ 6:00.

One last thing before I finish the novel. Any one interested in playing some fall ball? There is a fall mens series that is played at meadowdale. What I would be looking for is a commitment on these dates:
09/13 Meadowdale (Saturday only) 3 games, 25 bucks
10/4 Meadowdale (Saturday only) 3 games, 25 bucks
10/11 and 10/12 Meadowdale (Saturday and Sunday) 3 games Double Elimination, 25 bucks
The way I figure it is that it is 25 bucks more than fall league @ lynnwood, but you get one more game. It is also on the weekends so a bit easier to plan around.

If you are interested, shoot me an email and I will keep track of guys interested.

No comments: